Our Son...Then and Now

Our Son...Then and Now
Eli...minutes old

Eli...Two Months and Two Weeks old

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Publishing News

Well, a few years ago while I was teaching in Texas I conjured up some literature guides to help my students read books. Basically it was to help them read and be accountable for what they read while I worked with struggling students. Those guides, along with others have matured into something I am quite proud of. I sent one to a small publishing company in Dallas, Texas and found out yesterday that they want to publish the guide that I sent them along with others that I have written.
I am quite excited about this. I have always dreamed of this and I believe it will be happening. One of my colleagues said, "John, you don't even have your Masters yet and your getting published". Another, whose a Doctor in Education, said, "John, I have doctorate friends who are trying to get published!"
This is pretty amazing. I had an idea, fostered that idea, and watched it grow into the tree that I have know. I guess this dreaming tree has come to a reality!

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Hey John! Congratulations on this great news. My mom would be an excellent resource for you. Keep up the good work with the blog.