Our Son...Then and Now

Our Son...Then and Now
Eli...minutes old

Eli...Two Months and Two Weeks old

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Eli...

I wanted to write a few words about my awesome son, Eli. I want to make a list of observations that I have seen. Thank goodness for the blessing of being able to stay home these past few months to be able to see him grow into a baby. Everyday is a new adventure!

1. I love his smiling eyes.
2. He has the cutest lips...girls are gonna love em' too!
3. I love hearing the loud smacking sounds of him sucking his hands.
4. I love helping him up by having him pull himself up (with my or his mom's help) and then helping him stand.
5. I love bouncing him up and down....up and down....
6. I love when he takes a bath the face that he makes, which reminds me of my Grandma's in Iowa, as he kicks the water.
7. I love when he talks.
8. I love when he cuddles up.
9. I love seeing his face when he sleeps.
10. I love seeing him wake up.
11. Last, but certainly not least, I love it when he finally focuses on me or his mom and his eyes start to smile.

I love him and am so thankful for the choices that I made as I was growing up to be able to marry a good girl in the Temple for time and all eternity...and that lil' Eli is mine and Shanna's forever. He is such a good boy...I couldn't have asked for such a better boy than I have in Eli.

3 comments:

Marci said...

okay...YES, of course! Eli is SO darling! I love it! Tell Shanna we miss you guys and CONGRATs! Every so often we find ourselves reflecting on the fun times at Abby Apartments and more particularly the interesting couples we've had a chance to become friends with. How did this past school year go for you??? Keep in touch!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I was going to say...this post was so cute! I wish Klay would get it together and post once in a while!

John said...

I'm a sap...what can I say?